Amish Country Tour
Approximately 128 miles
Explore the unique culture of the Amish with an interesting ride through Ohio’s Amish country, home to the world’s larg-est Amish community. Enjoy beautiful scenery, visit an Amish farm, savor homemade foods, find amazing gifts made by expert craftsmen, and share the road with real horsepower - the buggy. Food and beverages are also a big draw in Amish country. Be sure to sample tasty offerings at one of the many authentic Amish restaurants, cheesemakers, wine cellars, or chocolatiers.
• From Zanesville take 93 N toward Plainfield
• Continue on 93 N toward Sugarcreek
• Take 39 W toward Millersburg
• Follow US-62 W/Amish Country Byway to
• State Route 60 S/US-36 W
• Take State Route 60 S back toward Zanesville
Points of Interest
1. West Lafayette - Unusual Junction
This shopping and dining complex is home to the Lava Rock Grill, which showcases the original “Price is Right” sign, autographed by game show host Bob Barker him-self. 56310 US Highway 36, West Lafayette.
2. Village of Dresden
Located along the Muskingum River, the picturesque village of Dresden, OH, is home to family-owned shops, family-style restaurants, and classic bed-and-breakfast accommodations. Check out the house-size picnic basket located at the corner of Fifth and Main streets; it was listed in the 1990 Guinness Book of World Records as the “World’s Largest Basket.” 740-888-1226.
Follow the map!
- Download the RoadRUNNER Rides APP.
- Download the GPS files for your route and use the app on your device.