Hocking Hills Tour
Approximately 132 miles
Known as Ohio’s natural crown jewel, The Hocking Hills re-gion offers unsurpassed beauty, miles of hiking trails, water-falls, prehistoric caves, and spectacular cliff-top vistas. Niche shops and art galleries can be found in the area, and antique malls delight treasure hunters. Simply ride through or stop and take in the history, beauty, and Appalachian culture of the region. The area’s scenic beauty can be accessed by hiking, canoeing, and by riding a zip line through the forest canopy.
• From Zanesville take US-22 W toward Somerset
• In Rushville, take 664 S toward Bremen
• Turn left on 374 W (near Hocking Hills State Park)
• Turn left onto 56 E toward Starr
• Turn left on 278 N toward Carbon Hill
• Turn right on 595 N
• In New Straitsville, turn left on Main Street
• Turn right on 93 N toward East Fultonham
• In New Lexington, follow 345 N
• Turn right on US-22 W back to Zanesville
Points of Interest
1. Logan - Ruins of Stewarts Folly
This is a one-of-a-kind prototype for hurricane-proof homes. On the north side of CR 33A/Chieftain Drive, about 1/4 mile west of the Kroger supermarket on the west edge of town.
2. Nelsonville - Hocking Valley Scenic Railway
Take a leisurely train ride through the Hocking Hills in a historic train. 33 W Canal St, Nelsonville, OH.