Approximately 172 miles
A trip through Wayne National Forest on your way to the Ohio River is a wondrous venture through the Appalachian foot-hills. You will be immersed in a serene landscape that includes quaint covered bridges, rock shelters, rushing springs, and hilly terrain covered with hardwood and pine forests. See how determination and ingenuity restored hundreds of thousands of acres of mine land into one of Ohio’s most treasured rec-reational areas. Covering more than a quarter million acres, Wayne National Forest has over 300 miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, and ATV riding.
• From Zanesville take SR 60 S
• Follow SR 60 S to Marietta
• Turn left on Greene Street
• Follow 26 N to Woodsfield
• Turn left on 78 W
• Turn right on 821 N (in Caldwell)
• Turn left on 340 W (in Belle Valley)
• In Cumberland turn left to stay on 340 W
• Turn left on 146 W back to Zanesville
Points of Interest
1. Hidden Marietta
Enjoy walking tours detailing some of Marietta’s most shocking and spooky history. From Native American culture and the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, to an-cient structures situated amid Victorian-style mansions, there’s much to discover. 424 George St. Marietta, OH.
2. Ohio River Museum - Marietta
Explore the history of the Ohio River and step aboard the W.P. Snyder Jr historic towboat. 601 Front St, Marietta, OH